- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Matthew Heath
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446187
- Expiry Date: 12 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61729
Service and Installation Engineer
(UK / India / USA)
This is genuinely an amazing opportunity to join a UK based US owned international business who continue to grow and supply capital automation and manufacturing equipment, globally.
To support this growth, we are seeking UK (Gloucester), India (Pune), USA (ideally Pennsylvania) based Service and Installation Engineers who can complete equipment installation, commissioning and servicing at the customers sites - globally.
The Service and Installation Engineer position involves the setting and testing of capital equipment (producing wet-acid batteries) prior to despatch, commissioning at the customer's overseas factories and the training of operators and maintenance personnel in the use of the equipment. These positions support the truly international reach of our client.
- Setting and Testing of the full range of Battery Assembly capital equipment the company offers
- Final testing and assembly of machinery in preparation of inspection and despatch (UK based)
- Installation and Commissioning of company equipment globally
- Training of customer's staff at various levels both onsite and customer's overseas premises
- Report writing and recommendations following all visits
- Liaise with Sales, Production and Design
- Extensive Worldwide travel including weekend work & travel where required
- To ensure that all relevant machine documentation is always completed accurately
- To identify opportunities for process, productivity and quality improvements by highlighting issues to management
- To adhere to and always apply all workplace management and rules consistently
- To actively participate in improvement projects as required.
- Develop effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholder, customers and suppliers to ensure best outcomes for the company
- Ensure that all Company policies and procedures are adhered to within operations area
- You may also be required to undertake additional tasks or duties from time to time and which are reasonably within your capabilities
- Must have completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship. ONC or HNC or degree in Engineering would be advantage.
- Mechanically based skillset with a proven track record of mechanical assembly and fault diagnosis.
- Able to use measuring equipment such as Micrometre and Vernier callipers with an attention to detail.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings.
- Able to read and interpret pneumatic drawings and circuits. Fault find pneumatic circuits to component level.
- Basic understanding of electrical control circuits.
- Basic understanding of PLC Machine controls.
- Able to write concise informative reports and offer solutions to problems.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic and able to communicate at all levels.
- Must hold a valid 'country of residence' passport and be highly flexible in terms of working hours and travel.
- Comply with the latest vaccinations, inoculations and blood tests for foreign travel.
Relevant skills: PLC Machines, batteries, service, installation, commissioning, mechanical assembly, international travel
If you feel you offer the experience, skills and interest to support this position, then please apply directly.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.