£45k - 55k per year + Bonus and company car or car allowance
about 1 month ago
This is a key position for one of UK's leading refrigeration contractors. The position is within their contracting team, ensuring clients needs are satisfied and that they receive (and maintain) industry leading technical knowledge and support. Further to this, you will need to ensure the best financial performance of projects is achieved in areas of focus within the companies strategy and goals.
Principle Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Carry out line management responsibilities for projects & technical support within the department
- Carry out and deliver tasks and business objectives as assigned by the Contracting Manager and Head of Contracting.
- Ensure health and safety requirements for projects/sites are being adhered to by all department staff and sub-contract labour. In this work closely with the project delivery team and the HSQE Manager.
- To review and develop commissioning processes and standards to ensure consistency across the division.
- Liaise with individual clients and suppliers to assist in supporting Project teams with technical issues.
- Take a proactive approach to keeping abreast of new/changing technologies both within company and the wider refrigeration industry.
- Ensure projects are delivered to programme and specification in the most effective & efficient way
- Manage and allocate installation & commissioning labour to projects. Liaise with the
- Installation & Commissioning manager for our Northern department to utilise all internal labour in the most cost-effective manner if required
- Support commissioning on site where needed
- Manger the project labour planner and issue to the Contracting Manager on a weekly basis to ensure correct and timely delivery of all projects
- Assist with certain duties carried out by the Contracting Manager in event of holiday or other absence
- Carry out regular site meetings to assess the progression & efficiency of projects and engineers
- Provide Contracting Manager with regular performance feedback form the preferred supply chain
- Liaise with Contracting Manager advising high level technical issues on a project basis.
- Maintain records of issues to expose patterns or areas of concern
- Assist with support with the contracting team where required including holiday/absence cover
Skills & Key Competencies
- Experience of project delivery within commercial refrigeration
- Technical knowledge of refrigeration systems
- Management of Personnel/labour also Project Programming skills
- Read and understand technical drawings
- Understanding of Health & Safety regulations and requirements
- Ability to work within a team
- Computer literate
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Other Features of the Post
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
Core hours: 8.30am - 5.30pm but there will need to be some flexibility either side.
Salary: £45-55K per annum + performance related bonus
Company car or car allowance
Relevant skills: Refrigeration, Manager, Installation, Commissioning, Fridge, Engineer, Technician, Supermarkets, Super Markets, pack system, hydrocarbon, CO2, F-Gas, British Refrigeration, Hydrofluorocarbon, HFC, Carbon dioxide, CO2, Supermarket refrigeration, Trans-critical cycle, refrigeration engineer, field service engineer
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.