- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Kulbir Samra
- Contact Email: Kulbir.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: .
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58971
Role: Installation and Commissioning Engineer – Global Travel
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
The position involves the setting and testing of capital equipment prior to despatch, commissioning in our customer’s overseas factories and the training of operator and maintenance personnel in the use of our equipment.
Overseas travel would be up to 150 days per annum and usually up to 3 – 4 weeks at a time dependant on location.
Travel expenses are covered. Flights, accommodation, UK COVID testing and cars will be booked by the business.
- Setting and Testing of our full range of Assembly equipment.
- Final testing and assembly of machinery in preparation of inspection and despatch.
- Installation and Commissioning of our equipment.
- Training of customer’s staff at various levels at both our premises and customer’s overseas premises.
- Report writing and recommendations following all visits.
- Keep up to date expense claims and to uphold our expenses policy.
- Liaise with Sales, Production and Design.
- Extensive Worldwide travel including weekend work & travel where required.
- To ensure that all relevant machine documentation is always completed accurately.
- To identify opportunities for process, productivity and quality improvements by highlighting issues to management.
- To adhere to and always apply all workplace management and rules consistently.
- To actively participate in improvement projects as required.
- Develop effective relationships with all internal and external stakeholder, customers and suppliers to ensure best outcomes for our business
You may also be required to undertake additional tasks or duties from time to time and which are reasonably within your capabilities.
- Must have completed a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship.
- ONC or HNC in Engineering would be advantage.
- Mechanically based skillset with a proven track record of mechanical assembly and fault diagnosis.
- Able to use measuring equipment such as Micrometre and Vernier callipers with an attention to detail.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical assembly drawings.
- Able to read and interpret pneumatic drawings and circuits.
- Fault find pneumatic circuits to component level.
- Basic understanding of electrical control circuits is preferred.
- Basic understanding of PLC Machine controls is preferred.
- Able to write concise informative reports and offer solutions to problems.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic and able to communicate at all levels.
- Must hold a valid passport and be willing to travel internationally and be very flexible in terms of working hours and travel.
- Comply with the latest vaccinations, inoculations and blood tests for foreign travel.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.