Prototype Inspection Technician
£15.00 to £22.00 per hour LTD
An Inspection Technician opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel engines. They are seeking to recruit a contract Inspection Technician to support current programs, contributing toward continued growth and market leadership in compact Diesel engines.
- The successful Inspection Technician will be working within the Research & Development Department and will carry out, a variety of Inspection functions to support new engine programs to very tight deadlines.
- This will involve reading and interpreting engineering drawings and engineers instructions and then using a variety of Inspection tools / machines to check parts as requested by the customer.
- You will also need to adhere to company processes including Safety, Standard Work and Quality.
To apply for this Inspection Technician position you should have some of the following:
- Good PC skills, including Microsoft Office, PDF, emails.
- Previous experience in writing CMM measurement programs (preferably using PC DMIS software).
- Knowledge of the components of surface topography.
- Previous Inspection / Measuring Room experience.
- Apprenticeship / City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Metrology or equivalent qualifications.
- Applicants must be self-motivated with good team working skills and be willing to work shifts if required. Initiative, problem solving and positive attitude to change are also essential.
Please contact James Tilley for details.