Innovation Manager – Advanced Automotive Technology - Coventry - £ Competitive DOE
An Innovation Manager is required to help meet the opportunity arising from new technology supply chains, principally electrification (batteries, motors and power electronics), but also for Connected Autonomous Vehicles (CAV) for our high-profile client.
The ideal candidate will be a respected practitioner and have a background in the automotive supply chain. You should have proven ability to deliver, to client satisfaction, innovative solutions and have industrial / commercial experience or previous high- level interaction with companies (ideally Mid-Caps and SMEs) or other user organisations.
As Innovation Manager – Advanced Automotive Technology – you will be required to
- Engage with Mid-Caps and SMEs to support project delivery, promote and promulgate the supporting activities and ensure the monitoring and reporting of outcomes.
- To provide specialist technology-based guidance to Mid-Caps and SMEs, giving them a technology led competitive advantage through the implementation of new solutions.
- Act as an interface between Mid-Caps and SMEs and academic research groups. Provide Mid-Caps and SMEs with access to a range of technology work streams and subsequent new opportunities for innovative products.
- Raise awareness (running technology demonstrations, workshops and internships) and carrying out collaborative projects (delivery and project management where Mid-Caps and SMEs realise ideas and adopt new technologies).
- To develop, manage and maintain client relationships to ensure that the solution is sourced / implemented and that business engagements and other KPI measures are accurately recorded.
- To identify, write and manage complimentary SME project funding applications.
- Transfer automotive technology and know-how into other sectors (e.g. aerospace…)
- Develop, grow and anchor supply chain capability within the UK.
As Innovation Manager – Advanced Automotive Technology – you will have
- Honours degree or equivalent experience.
- Management or technology consulting experience.
- Experience of industrial / academic collaboration.
- Proven experience of project management, planning, resource allocation and reporting.
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of organisational ability.
- An enthusiastic and energetic personality.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.