over 1 year ago
Infotainment Design Engineer - R00024368
An Infotainment Design Engineer is required with knowledge and experience in at least one core infotainment feature, to design and development high quality Infotainment systems for our client's European customers.
This company based in Cranfield requires an Infotainment Design Engineer with understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles, electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices for a new contract role.
As an Infotainment Design Engineer, you will be required to carry out the following:
The role is divided into two parts:
Feature owner of Infotainment system:
- Feature owner of a core area of the Infotainment system
- Each feature owner is expected to become European expert for that area, developing the European feature requirements through: Technical knowledge, understanding competitor solutions and analysing European customer feedback.
- The feature owner then works with our global R&D teams to ensure that future solutions are specified and delivered to meet these European requirements.
Vehicle lead for Infotainment systems:
- In addition the successful candidate will have a role to manage the Infotainment solution into one or more vehicle projects:
- Create and maintain configuration data
- Manage concerns found during testing with the appropriate feature owners
- Manage Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets
- Collaborate with related engineering sections to ensure all system components are packaged and connected correctly to meet all system design and regulation requirements.
- Carry out status reporting to management at all levels.
The Infotainment Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Have an understanding and experience of automotive Infotainment system developments or similar
- Knowledge and experience in at least one core infotainment feature (Connectivity, Navigation, HMI or Back-end.)
- Have relevant experience in automotive electrical and electronic development, completing a minimum of one previous vehicle development, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience on a major development program, e.g. in aerospace, telecoms or similar.
- Have experience of managing Tier 1 suppliers in the development of a complex electronic product.
- Have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively in a cross cultural and cross functional team.
- Flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Understand Mechanical Engineering principles, electrical theory and the operation of electronic devices.
- Knowledge of software development including quality assurance
- Understanding of electronic mass production techniques and processes.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions could be longer.
- Working knowledge of CAD systems such as NX
If you have any questions about the Infotainment Design Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship