Infotainment & Connectivity Application Engineer - 51901
£20.84 Ltd Co
An Infotainment & Connectivity Application Engineer is required with knowledge of component development (including software development), control and tracking processes
The Infotainment section of the Upper Body Electronics team has responsibility for applying a large number of electronic systems and components to commercial vehicles.
The position involves a mix of process and administration work in the early program phases, relating to supplier selection, sourcing, management of data including cost and CAD, and requires working with purchase/buyers, finance, marketing, and other engineering teams to deliver to various program milestones. This then evolves to more engineering-focused delivery covering quality, component, system and vehicle testing; finally resulting in successful engineering sign-off and launch in the manufacturing plants around the globe.
This company based in Basildon requires an Infotainment & Connectivity Application Engineer with experience of CAN tools including CANalyser, CANoe, and/or CANDB++ for a new contract role. As an Infotainment & Connectivity Application Engineer you will be required to:
- Generate Engineering Statements of Work, Requests for Quotation, Engineering Concepts
- Lead Team of 4 with cost estimating team, finance, purchase, engineering
- Manage inhouse Design Verification System
- Complete Failure Mode Analysis for specified components
- WERS releasing
- 5D/8D generation
- Health-chart management (program milestones)
- Conduct PMST meetings with suppliers
- Work/engage with other PMTs to align on design at respective milestones
- Meet deliverables in-line with GPDS
- Travel/ on-site support at vehicle assembly plant(s) as required
- Support current production vehicle quality issues and engineering changes, especially on a global basis
- This position will also expected to manage overall quality status for infotainment & connectivity team
The Infotainment & Connectivity Application Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Automotive experience
- Experience of CAN tools including CANalyser, CANoe, and/or CANDB++
- Knowledge of component development (including software development), control and tracking processes
- Demonstrated excellent Project Management / Co-ordination skills.
- Experience of managing multiple projects at any one time
- Good Interpersonal and Communication Skills as will be liaising with Suppliers
- Problem and issue analysis
- Able to run autonomously with minimal supervisory intervention
- Actively drive issue resolution to conclusion
- Electrical/electronic experience within automotive
- Proven track record that demonstrates ability to get up to speed in short time
- HND/HNC in Engineering - Electrical preferred.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of infotainment applications to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based automotive company will offer you:
If you have any questions about the Infotainment & Connectivity Application Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship