£65k - 75k per year
about 2 months ago
Information Assurance (Product Security) Lead
Positions Available: 2
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Location: New Malden
Salary From: £65,000 to £75,000
Vacancy ID: 195
Our client have an exciting vacancy for an Information Assurance (Product Security) Lead to conduct IA activities on a number of state-of-the-art defence projects and systems either based at our Head Office in New Malden, or at our office in Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria.
A successful applicant will typically be able to demonstrate at least six years of experience within a Defence IA/Cyber environment and will be expected to :
- Be responsible for achieving accreditation for one, or more, products, in accordance with a JSP440 requirement
- Create document sets (IAMP, RMADS etc.) in support of product accreditations;
- Generate policies, procedures and SyOps in support of product, project and site security;
- Be able to produce sensible, rational and comprehensible IS 1/2 Risk Assessments, including rational risk treatment plans;
- enjoy, and be capable of mentoring junior IA engineers in current and best practice for IA/Cyber;
- Support initiatives to embed IA culture within specific project teams and throughout the wider company;
- Support the Information Assurance Manager in discharging his/her security accountabilities, working across a variety of information and cyber security related topics;
- Communicate complex technical issues and solutions to non-technical stakeholders;
- Undertake occasional travel around the UK to suppliers and customers;
- Chair Security Working groups related to assigned products;
- Participate in a broad company security awareness program, generating ideas and producing content in order to provide orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication;
- Participate in Information and Cyber Security governance meetings as directed;
- Ensure excellent client service;
- Build strong and enduring relationships within the company and with our clients;
- Be a credible, charismatic and knowledgeable envoy for the role of IA/Cyber within a modern business;
Please note for this particular role, all candidates must be eligible for SC - UK EYES ONLY clearance and therefore be a sole British National passport holder.
Skills & Experience
- A demonstrable track-record of successful IA work within a defence domain;
- A broad information assurance mind-set, able to assimilate and consider issues from the technical, process and business perspective, supported by a pragmatic attitude to the implementation of security within a defence environment;
- A sound understanding of the procedures required to identify, quantify and address information assurance or cyber vulnerabilities within a product, project and organisation;
- Experience in the development and implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans, policies, processes and technical controls;
- In-depth knowledge of HMG IS1/2 Risk Assessments (and subsequent Controls and Treatments)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience with Cyber Essentials, DCPP, DEFSTAN 05-138
- Ability to work unsupervised and to a high standard
- Experience with NIST 800 series, ISO/IEC 27005:2018
- Qualifications include CISSP, ISO/IEC 27001 (LI or LA), former CLAS Consultant
- GIAC / SANS certifications
- Penetration Testing skills / certifications
All of our roles require successful candidates to undergo and maintain a Baseline Personnel Security Standard and/or United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) to obtain a Security Check (SC) without restrictions. Please note that in the event that the required clearance cannot be obtained you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
With over 100 years of history and expertise in navigation, we have established ourself as a major global provider of navigation solutions, including radars, compass systems, steering systems, speed logs, integrated bridge and control systems. We take pride in our commitment to provide 24/7support to all of our customers.
Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.
If you are interested in this role apply now!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.