Industrial Engineer - Telford - £40-45K
The business is a leading tier 1 automotive component manufacturer with operations all over the world, over 150 manufacturing sites and over 70,000 employees. As you would expect from a market leader the site based in Shropshire is always looking for ways to improve and to this end are looking for you, a site Industrial Engineer. As Industrial Engineer your general duties will see you looking for ways to improve production by looking at a combination of people, machinery, process flow, production layout, materials and site stock levels.
Daily and weekly activities in the role would include:
- To analyse site wide activities, and identify gaps in performance/opportunities to improve.
- Perform time studies identify waste and optimise labour efficiency.
- Evaluate process flow to ensure NVA content is minimised.
- Communicate opportunities and work within the operational teams to develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or service.
- Map flow of materials across site to define best in class delivery processes including Minimum Reorder Points, Optimum Stock Levels, Packaging Densities and Indirect Labour Utilisation.
- Link material requirements and production planning to flex stock levels and reduce line side inventory.
- Use and train 8 waste principles to highlight areas that can be improved.
- Use mathematical models to simulate improvements and allow cost benefits vs capital expenditure to be reviewed.
- Prepare shop floor layout alterations and work with engineering team to implement.
- Create action / timing plans that can be used to measure implementation progress.
We are looking for Engineers ideally degree qualified or equivalent in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or similar. Applicants with experience and trained in MTM Time Study with Industrial experience would be at an advantage as would candidates with solid CAD skills and a background in automotive manufacturing. Experience and training across business improvement tools would be great such as Yamazumi, Ishikawa, PPS and Man Machine Cycle Analysis.
If you feel this role would suit you and would like to apply, or maybe you just have a few questions then please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Katharine Bignell of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.