£40 per hour
about 1 month ago
Job title: Industrial Engineer
Salary Range: £40.00 per hour(Umberella inside IR35)
Hours: 8:00 - 4:30pm Monday to Friday
6 month rolling contract position working for a leading manufacturing client in Darlington
An Industrial Engineers is required with knowledge of leading projects to improve manufacturing efficiencies and output across the site's plant and machinery. Engineers with value stream mapping, time in motion studies and "just in time" experience will be well received.
Due to a projected increase in production volumes this client based in Darlington requires two experienced, dynamic, leading Industrial Engineers to lead the continuous improvement of plant and processes to deliver savings in the manufacturing process using lean manufacturing methodologies working a day shift on a 6 month rolling contract. As the Industrial Engineer, you will be required to:
- Continuous improvement of plant and processes to deliver savings in the manufacturing process using lean manufacturing methodologies including time in motion, just in time and value stream mapping.
- Applying World Class Manufacturing methodology to the site's production processes to increase production output
- Applying methods with a hands on approach
- Control of Safety, Quality and throughput of the EMS trim line.
- Carrying out and leading 5S activities and audits.
- Development & manufacture of tooling.
- Driving improvements for plant KPI's e.g. managed expense, IDR, on time delivery.
- Ensuring cost is at a minimum.
- Development & management of timescales for new & existing projects
- Development of production line simulations to predict daily production outcomes and potential bottleneck areas.
- Completion of Six Sigma projects.
- Creation and update PFMEA's.
- Drive down KPI's.
- Design and implement engineering solutions to improve the process in both Quality and Throughput.
- Design and create workstation layouts with relevant training documentation.
- Train operators and maintenance technicians on new manufacturing/maintenance processes
The Industrial Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally Degree qualified HNC/HND
- Background in heavy duty manufacturing and assembly processes
- Background within Automotive, Aerospace or Defence
- A proven track record within industrial/manufacturing engineering
- Experience with "just in time" and time in motion processes along with value stream mapping.
- A passion for continuous improvement.
- A hands on approach
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with the background of Industrial engineering. In return for your experience, this Darlington based company will offer you:
- 6 month rolling contract position
- £40.00 per hour(Umberella inside IR35)
- Days shifts
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge and experience of industrial engineering from a heavy duty automotive, aerospace or defence assembly background and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the industrial engineer position, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.