£30k - 35k per year
Role: Industrial Engineer
Salary: up to £35000
To support manufacturing operations by resolving build quality problems, improving tools and processes and ensuring the smooth introduction of project related product changes and new features. To investigate, plan and implement new engineering processes/methods/tooling facilities in conjunction with Manufacturing departments.
Being actively involved in the continuous process improvement within assembly/manufacturing you will be a key figure in your ability to:
- Identify and action waste elimination through response to Takt time variation.
- Define and implement build processes with consideration to appropriate Health & Safety and Quality standards.
- Ensure the support process documentation with particular attention to visual management techniques.
- Using a "hands on" approach you will proactively utilise both lean principles and problem solving tools and techniques within the workplace to respond to "Takt time variation", build quality issues
Investigate and resolve manufacturing related problems, Cost of Quality concerns and issues raised by teams on Problem and Countermeasure boards, leading problem solving teams where appropriate
Be responsible for signing product change notifications ensuring that:
- A thorough feasibility analysis has been conducted
- Understand any implications regarding process/man assignment changes
- Highlighting tooling requirements
- Fully understanding all Health and Safety implications for any proposed change
- Fully understand any production related cost.
Management of BOMs and material movement through plan for every part.
Develop ergonomic processes designed around Lean Manufacturing principles including Yamazumi and 5S.
Work with colleagues in all cross-functional projects to ensure smooth transition across the manufacturing facility. One Manufacturing Engineer will be nominated as the department's representative on major projects, and will be responsible for ensuring that all relevant information is transferred to the project team and back to the department.
Although the engineer will have an area of specialism within the Terex product range, this does not exclude them from taking ownership of issues or projects in other areas if departmental workload so dictates.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Education & Training
- HND or equivalent
- Knowledge and use of quality analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Proven experience in a manufacturing engineering role.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Understanding of Jig & Tool design
- Industrial engineering techniques
- Project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Report writing
- Able to work under pressure
- Good analytical skills
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.