An opportunity has arisen for an Industrial Engineer to work for this luxury automotive OEM based in the West Midlands area.
Joining the Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering (PTME) department as an Industrial Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Developing our new, technologically advanced power train assembly facilities that are currently under design and manufacture
- Work closely with the Engine Programme team, PTME Programme Managers and Engine Plant Manufacturing Operations
- Ensuring the achievement of manpower targets and successful launch of programmes and model years
- Assist and support Product Development and Manufacturing Engineering to develop processes and facilities to ensure that the most efficient product and processes are developed and delivered
- Assisting in the development of manufacturing best practice (benchmarking) productivity ideas and tools ensuring that these are incorporated into the programme and work on design for assembly analysis through virtual programme phases.
- Driving continuous improvement by establishing a specific course of action, and appropriately manage time, tasks, budgets and resources to ensure a first class service to our customer base.
- Must be qualified and experienced in M.O.S.T. (Maynard operation sequence technique)
- Good knowledge of MS Office Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project)
- An ability to work with others / lead a team and influence the design and process to optimise productivity; Ability to work in a fast moving/changing environment
- Design for assembly analysis through virtual programme phases.
- Line balance generation
This is a 12 month contract role working for a well-known automotive OEM, the role is based between two sites: Wolverhampton and Whitley and is offering an hourly LTD rate of up to £26.00.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens at Jonathan Lee Recruitment as soon as possible.