Job title: Industrial Engineer
Salary Range: £30.00 - £40.00 per hour
An Industrial Engineer is required with knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodologies and TS16949, ISO9000 and ISO14001. Candidates with experience of the Automotive or Manufacturing industry would be well received.
Due to the increase in production volumes this company based in Redditch requires a skilled Industrial Engineer with knowledge of FMEA, 5's and Poke Yoke systems, for a new 6 month contract.
As an Industrial Engineer your duties will include:
- Manufacture feasibility analysis (DFA/DFM) and PFMEA on new products
- Perform cost analysis of product and process alternatives
- Write process specifications and make recommendations regarding ergonomic improvements
- Write specifications for manufacturing equipment and make recommendations for equipment procurement
- Monitor assembly equipment through production start-up
- Monitor and audit manufacturing best practices and standards in the plant
- Process development and assembly sequencing (process flow chart) for new programs
- Plant and process layout for new products and plant launched
The Industrial Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing Methodologies, FMEA, 5's and Poke Yoke systems
- Experience of new product launches
- Stimulating TPM in new projects
- Experience in the Automotive or Manufacturing industry
- Strong problem solving skills
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of continuous improvement to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Redditch-based Automotive company will offer you an hourly rate of £30.00 to £40.00.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of process development and assembly and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Industrial Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment 01384 446 147.