11 months ago
Indirect Procurement Manager
Salary Range: Competitive
Defence Land Systems Company.
An experienced Indirect Purchasing Manager is required for a leading Defence Land Systems Company based in Telford, you will be responsible for the delivery of Indirect Category Procurement.
Candidates with significant Indirect Commodity Management and implementation including experience of Business Process Outsourcing would be well received.
This Leading Defence Land Systems Company based in Telford requires a motivated, dynamic, detailed and driven Indirect Procurement Manager.
As the Indirect Procurement Manager you will be required to:
- Support and assist the Head of Procurement in the strategic development, direction and management of Indirect Category Procurement
- As a member of the Procurement team and community within a business / function will manage the effective deployment of Procurement processes and would contribute to the development of Procurement policy and processes.
- Engage as part of the Procurement Management Team to align functional objectives with overarching business strategies and deliver agendas as defined by the business.
- Manage and evolve effective business management processes, in a manner that engages and involves all of the procurement team and where applicable other functions.
- Management and leadership responsibility for a team of skilled procurement professionals, group leaders and managers including Strategic and Operational Procurement staff.
- Ensuring people are skilled, competent and empowered to meet the functional and business objectives.
- Providing an excellent customer experience, through functional and supplier performance and embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
- Promoting a one-team approach whilst maintaining collaborative relationships.
- Creating an environment that is oriented towards the highest ethical standards, trust, open communication and creative thinking.
- Championing SHE performance and quality within the supply chain.
- Deputise for the Head of Procurement as required.
- Taking specific responsibilities within the overall function for the delivery of significant spend across the full spectrum of Indirect Procurement.
- Financial budget responsibility as delegated by the Head of Procurement.
The Indirect Procurement Manager will have the following skills or experience:
- Development and implementation of Indirect Procurement strategies and initiatives.
- Experience in BPO with broad breadth of Indirect Procurement commodity knowledge.
- Team and individual development and ability to co-ordinate & lead direct reports.
- Managing operational procurement and developing functional policy, process and procedure.
- Highly motivated and self-disciplined, with the ability to work autonomously, under the minimum of supervision.
- Good communication skills with the ability to understand and relay complex subjects to a variety of audiences, pulling out key issues and decision points
- Ability to manage relationships with stakeholders, dealing with escalations and facilitating discussions with different stakeholder groups to address conflicting requirements and priorities
- Capable of delivering complex reports and giving formal presentations on operational and strategic issues
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with extensive Indirect Procurement experience within a low volume highly regulated manufacturing and engineering environment. In return this Telford based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have significant knowledge of Indirect Procurement Management from within Defence/Aerospace industry sectors and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Indirect Procurement Manager role, please contact Paul Broadhead, firstname.lastname@example.org at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446155.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.