£29.68 - 29.68 per hour
Indirect Non-Production Buyers for MRO (36657) are required to join an automotive OEM based in Whitley.
- Overall responsibility and leadership for all Purchasing activities within specified sub categories within the sphere of Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO);
- The position will interface with internal stakeholders primarily Manufacturing Engineering (ME), Finance and Legal and external stakeholders primarily suppliers and industry forums
- Responsible for internal stakeholder alignment on requirements and sourcing approach and strategy, supplier negotiations; validating value for money; on-boarding new suppliers; and leading supplier interaction throughout the sourcing process;
- Responsible for researching the relevant markets; to be the SME with reference to the categories;
- Responsible for applying the appropriate due diligence, cost analytic tools and benchmarking to ensure best value for money;
- Responsible for supporting the MRO Category Buyer in strategy development [Strategic Category Plan (SCP)] for Electrical and Mechanical sub categories and deployment to deliver company cost and quality targets through sourcing.
- A level of experience in the procurement of MRO and or Catalogue Buying
- Experience in negotiating supplier contracts (pricing and terms and conditions) and strong stakeholder/supplier management
- An understanding of key cost-drivers, ability to analyse cost and use benchmarking data to ensure value for money
- An individual who is results driven, demonstrates, tenacity, drive and perseverance, with the ability to deliver in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- Flexibility and agility to be able to adjust to changing business needs
- Previous experience in a procurement role in MRO and/or high-volume commodities (indirect)
- Relationship management - supplier and stakeholder
- Commercial Awareness and negotiation skills
- An understanding of key cost-drivers, ability to analyse cost and use benchmarking data to ensure value for money Contract Management experience Understand category management principles Strategic thinking Global business understanding and experience
- Degree qualified and relevant professional qualification is required.
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.