Title: Indirect Non-Production Buyer
Division: Sales and Marketing
Contract Position based at: Ryton on Dunsmore
An Indirect Buyer is required to join a leading automotive OEM on a contract basis, paying up to £26.42 per hour.
Branded Goods Purchasing is part of the Aftermarket and Special Operations Purchasing Department within JLR. It is a small team responsible for global strategic sourcing, implementing and improving process and procedures and supplier relationship management.
JLR currently retails branded goods through e-commerce, internal boutiques, events and via its Dealer network. Key to this role is to ensure a strategic approach to the procurement of all JLR branded goods and associated services, ensuring they are purchased from suppliers adhering to JLRs corporate requirements. Purchasing must ensure products meet the quality requirements, at the most competitive cost, delivered on time and to the required commercial margin targets. The role will involve management of key suppliers to ensure that first-class service levels are achieved to continually improve performance. The role may include procurement of both hard goods and apparel.
- Project Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Supplier relationship management experience
- Experience of buying branded goods in a retail environment
- Highly organised with attention to detail Strong influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical, commercial and negotiation skills with a proven track record of successful commercial negotiations
- Able to manage and execute complex projects on time and in budget
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to converse at all levels of the organisation and with external suppliers and internal customers Supplier relationship management, risk mitigation and corporate social responsibility awareness
- Knowledge of Microsoft office - especially Excel
- An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning
- A resilient and enthusiastic who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas
- An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
- Proven track record of negotiating in a FMCG retail environment
- Experience of international and cross-culture working
CIPS / Degree
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.