Job Title: Indirect Commodity Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 p/a
- We are currently recruiting for a Indirect Commodity Manager for our client at their site in Newton, the role will be based in Newton but will require additional travel across the UK.
- The role will be to develop, maintain and execute a commodity based sourcing strategy, focusing on indirect supplies so is not related to product or components.
- It will look after all that a business requires to run so IT equipment, Stationary and many others "indirect" to production.
- Develop, maintain, communicate and execute a robust indirect commodity strategy.
- Close co-operation with the commodity teams.
- Develop, maintain and execute a robust containment / PV plan.
- Rolling review of future containment opportunities.
- Provide data required by Senior Management e.g. Monthly cost reduction vs target.
- Identify and minimise any risks in the supply chain and inform Senior Management of the risks being taken.
- Facilitate Zycus data integrity.
- Co-ordinate and implement reverse auctions.
- Identify inventory improvement opportunities.
- The candidate will be expected to support the New Product Sourcing Managers with new supplier selections to ensure that future products also meet the needs of the business.
- The candidate will be expected to contribute to the profitability of the company through cost reduction and extended credit terms, whilst driving key procurement strategies such as migrating to a preferred supplier list.
Qualifications, Experience and profile:
- 3-5 years of relevant procurement or purchasing experience.
- Relevant engineering or business degree.
- Competent in Microsoft Office and in particular Excel.
- Strong analytical skills - both qualitative and quantitative
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.