Job title: Indirect Buyer
Salary Range: c. £36,000 per annum + attractive benefits package
Location: Coventry, Warwickshire
Are you a talented Indirect Buyer seeking a new challenge? An opportunity to work for one of the world's most iconic brands. With its global HQ based in Warwickshire this prestigious, heritage Automotive OEM is looking to recruit an Indirect Buyer.
You will be part of a growing strategic indirect procurement team who procure a range of facilities equipment and associated services.
- Provide purchasing / commercial input into cross-functional teams that effectively contributes to the organisation's programme goals by applying a confident approach to teamwork.
- Champion procurement process (through Web based system) in line with European Procurement rules for the company's facilities.
- Achieve Departmental Targets and Goals including (but not limited to) TDC targets.
- Understand the needs of internal customers and wider business impact to confidently enter into total cost and contractual negotiations with current and potential suppliers.
- Develop and maintain commodity strategies for a specific range of commodities (travel, catering), ensuring the company is kept up to date on market place commercial and technical developments, as well as potential suppliers. Collaboration with other areas of the business on maintaining commodity strategies which meet the short as well as the long term aims of the business.
- Understand and apply purchasing tools and techniques to close cost gaps and achieve value for money whilst maintaining supplier relationships.
- Manage supplier performance to support project deliverables.
- Constantly strive for process improvement opportunities internally, as well as with the Supplier base, focusing on business 'Best Practice' initiatives.
As an experienced Indirect Buyer, you will offer:
- A proven track record of success within indirect purchasing - travel and catering categories would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in contract negotiation.
- Understanding of the strategic role of the purchasing function and ability to work at this level.
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise tasks and have effective time management and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- You should hold a full driving licence and be prepared to travel where specific work responsibilities require.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, driven Indirect Buyer with knowledge of managing strategic indirect categories. In return for your procurement experience, this iconic Automotive OEM will offer you:
- Competitive salary & benefits package.
- Career development
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of strategic indirect category management and you are looking for a new career challenge, please apply today. If you have any questions about the strategic Buyer role, please contact Lisa Osborne at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446162 or email