Inbound Materials Coordinator
£Competitive hourly rate (DOE)
An opportunity has arisen for an Inbound Materials Coordinator to work for a leading manufacturer of off-highway equipment based in the Peterborough area.
As Inbound Materials Coordinator you will assist with managing the movement of inbound materials and pay/avoid related duties/taxes; compile/input and maintain freight, distribution and insurance data.
- Assist in the planning, development implementation and operation of the systems and processes for the payment and avoidance of duties and taxes.
- Liaise with HM (Her Majesties) customs to ensure European Community regulatory compliance and rules applicable to duty/tax avoidance.
- Assist in the preparation, completion and submission of the monthly returns of duties/taxes paid (and avoided) to HM customs.
- Liaise with suppliers (and customers) shipping lines & haulers in connection with the movement of goods. Process/finalise insurance claims as/if applicable under the Maritime Insurance Policy.
- Obtain authorisation and verification for customs clearance agency use of deferment account and apportions costs internally.
- Complete compliance checks to ensure accuracy of customs clearances and completeness of paperwork as per SOX and HM (Her Majesties) customs requirements.
- Ability to provide basic guidance and support to internal and external customers on HM (Her Majesties) customs requirements.
Key skills and experience required:
- Demonstrable experience of working within a similar environment.
- Limited travel required (Less than 5% of working time).
- Computer literate.
- Good communication skills and the ability to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
This is a 6 month rolling contract based in Peterborough, hourly rate negotiable depending upon experience.
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.