Inbound Freight Strategic Planner
Paying up to £45,000 per annum
An opportunity has arisen for an Inbound Freight Strategic Planner to provide support to a growing and busy department within a luxury car manufacturer based in Gaydon. The Inbound Freight Strategic Planner is a permanent role and paying up to £45,000 per annum.
- Helping the department achieve budgetary and operational objectives
- Leading the implementation, development and roll out of a strategic design and planning software tool
- Ensuring that business requirements are captured and delivered into the freight transformation programme
- Acting as the subject matter expert on freight strategic planning
- Optimise freight plans and conduct 'what-if' analysis
- Conducting freight cost analysis, overall cost of the network, model line and lane costings
- Exploring opportunities to optimise plans, cost saving and budget management
- Freight strategic design and planning tools experience
- Previous experience in logistics strategy
- Good understanding of material planning, logistics and manufacturing working processes and practices
- Fully IT proficient, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Will be analytical and data driven
- Will have strong communication skills.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.