£35.00 - £50.00 per hour
almost 2 years ago
Job Title: Model Creation Production Supervisor
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
A Model Creation Production Supervisor is required to join a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire, on a contract basis.
This role's primary focus is to supervise and support Production Team Members (PTM) to ensure that key product deliverables (such as geometric data preparation, surface modelling, rules engine configuration, colour and material application etc.) are delivered to the Operations Team with respect to Digital Assets technical standards.
Key features of the role include resource management, work allocation, assessment of build inputs to determine build readiness, quality control according to Digital Assets Standards, status reporting, risk / issue tracking, model delivery tracking, creation and utilisation of tools and documents to facilitate all aspects of role.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with CAD Extraction Specialist / Data Preparation Lead and Programme Planner on Pre-build status
- Work with Operations Team to align programme plan with resource allocation planning
- Work collaboratively with Data Preparation Specialist to ensure that standards are clear and may be easily utilised by the Production Team.
- Accept delivery of build inputs from Operations team and indicate where data is insufficient to complete build according to required standards
- Quality assessment of all modelled assets with the aim of eliminating / minimising issues captured by Operations Team
- Daily / Weekly reports on status to Operations team via Programme Planner, includes attendance of all model build operations meetings
- Tracking of all risks and issues associated with model build activities in a timely manner and subsequent collaboration with Operations team on issue resolution
- Collaboration with Operations team on creation of any tools and documentation required to maximise build process efficiency and maintenance of such tools
- Undertake any other work as directed by the Digital Assets manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience managing / supervising a team of production personnel
- Expert in CGI data preparation and modelling softwares (Autodesk Maya) and processes
- Expert in data / file management, structuring and configuration
- Experience in working to defined processes and technical standards (pipeline)
- Knowledge of MS Office - Excel in particular
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience using Deltagen for data preparation and modelling
- Experience in developing data model production processes
- Knowledge of CGI coding languages (Python, C++, UE4)
- Previous experience working with outsourced resource and managing supplier personnel
- Previous experience working with / for Automotive OEMs
- Experience working with low poly data sets
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.