about 1 month ago
Job Title: Hydrogen Safety Specialist
Location: South Yorkshire
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Hydrogen Safety Specialist to work for our client at their facility in Sheffield, the role will be working as part of our clients multi skilled design team, and will report directly to the Technology Manager and Mechanical Engineering function.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have essential gas (hydrogen, oxygen) and hydraulics expertise
- Have worked for an OEM in a Fuel cell or Electrolyser safety function
- Gained experience in a batch environment and with type certification/product homologation
- Have significant experience of Hazop, Hazid, DSEAR, LOPA safety cases
- Have an extremely good materials knowledge
- Have knowledge of PSSR regulation, PED, ATEX, EMC, LOW Voltage directives
- Have strong knowledge of engineering systems and processes.
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in Mechanical Engineering. Achieved C.Eng. status
- Very strong organisational and documentation skills,
- Be always on time to deliver the safety cases required and a team player with Quality Management function and product teams
- Able to present and explain highly safety data to board level.
- Aerospace or automotive engineering safety background highly sought
- Demonstrate an ability to work with Quality Management function and type approvals
- Knowledge of ISO electrolyser standard or ISO Fuel cell standard
- Knowledge of wiring and electrical compliance including high power applications
- Have knowledge of EN ISO 4126-1:2013
- Experience in preparing written scheme of exam, organise and time replacements
- Working knowledge of product design and compliance with the machinery directive.
- Have significant experience of rotating equipment (fans, pumps).
- Have significant experience in measuring and listing loads.
- Have significant experience of protection valves (e.g. EN ISO 4126-1:2013)
- Familiarity with the ATEX directives and hazardous area classifications.
- Familiarity with a manufacturing environment including BOMs and MRP.
- Knowledge and experience of Swagelok.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.