Title: Software Engineer
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Our client is developing Hybrid and Electric vehicles (xEV) to meet upcoming Fuel Economy and CO2 targets. The Energy Management Vehicle Supervisory Controls (VSC) Function Team, a group within the Electrified Powertrain Systems, Controls and Calibration team, is responsible for the development of the Energy Management VSC functions from initial concept to production readiness. -Design and develop xEV control strategies through MATLAB/ Simulink/ Targetlink/ Stateflow to meet the system and customer requirements.
- Develop test methods to effectively test the control strategy on Hardware in the Loop (HIL), dyno and prototype vehicles.
- Confirm the initial calibration of functions in representative environment, such as hot and cold climatic environments or traffic conditions.
- Document control strategy design and create calibration guide.
- Apply failure mode analysis methods to improve robustness, apply your lessons learnt to future platforms.
3 Key Skills:
- Model based control algorithm development for a system with complex interactions (similar to automotive Powertrain applications) using MATLAB/SIMULINK.
- Competent use of control unit test and development tools (e.g. ETAS ES910, INCA, Canalyser, Control Desk, dSpace MicoAutobox etc).
- Capable of validating control algorithms through use of SIL, MIL and HIL testing.
- Excellent level of experience of delivering complex control strategies for a complex system.
- Full UK/EU driving licence
- Experience of Hybrid Vehicle Control Systems development an advantage.
- Knowledge of eHorizon (ADAS horizon) technologies an advantage.
- Knowledge of Powetrain Control Systems (Engine or transmissions) an advantage.
- Experience of DOORS requirements management tool an advantage.
- Familiar with running of engine test facilities and vehicles Has experience of programming in C or Target Link for real time system environment.
- Has experience of developing software under industry best practice (Automotive SPICE or similar).
Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject