£30k - 50k per year
Hybrid Controls and Integration Engineer
To £50,000 p.a.
A Hybrid Controls and Integration Engineer is required with a solid background in mathematics and physics with excellent problem solving skills. Candidates with experience of software and control development of various systems and features of the electrified powertrain (energy management, thermal management, torque control etc.) would be well received.
Due to growth this company, a leading Powertrain Engineering consultancy based in Coventry, requires a Hybrid Controls and Integration Engineer to be responsible for developing, validating and signing off the future generation of electrified powertrains for passenger vehicles. As a Hybrid Controls and Integration Engineer you will be required to:
- Support process for hybrid control requirements development
- Engage with suppliers and other stakeholders to review hardware and software attributes
- Engagement in quality and robustness activities (i.e. FMEA, fault tree analysis, boundary diagram)
- Develop the software and controls for the electrified powertrain
- Support the development and integration of the Vehicle Electrical and Electronic architectures
- Testing, validation, debugging and troubleshooting of new software and calibration deliveries
- Calibration development (adjust system performance to meet attributes and targets)
- Electric and electronic architecture development, integration, commissioning, testing and sign-off of electrified system and interactions within the vehicle powertrain
The Hybrid Controls and Integration Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally Masters or PhD in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical Engineering Engineering/Science or minimum of a Degree
- Experience with Vector (e.g. CANalyzer, CANape) and Mathworks tools (e.g. Matlab/Simulink) or equivalent
- Willingness and ability to interface constructively with a global team
- A working knowledge of vehicle architectures, communication and components
- Experience of automotive control systems and calibration
- Experience in electrified powertrain area preferable
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have any questions about the Hybrid Controls and Integration Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.