Title: Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Software Engineer
Salary Range: Competitive
Division: Software and Controls
Contract Position based at: Nuneaton
A vacancy has arisen for Modelling vehicle electric/ hybrid propulsion systems including hybrid control and battery management strategies. Our client is based in Nuneaton.
- Modelling electric/hybrid vehicle propulsion systems including hybrid powertrain control, ancillary system control and battery management strategies.
- Developing complex control strategies utilising Matlab / Simulink / Stateflow.
- Developing safety related control systems utilising ISO26262 methodologies.
- Supporting the generation of system and software level requirements.
- Realising control strategies onto rapid prototyping hardware and design proving using Hardware in the Loop (HIL) facilities.
- Conducting prototype integration and testing on full scale prototype vehicles.
- Producing technical documentation, reports and specifications to support project needs.
- Delivering technical assistance and proposal content into the business development team in support of proposals and new business development.
- Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow for development of software control strategies and plant models.
- Demonstrable experience in working to full software V-Cycle.
- Producing documentation to a high standard (e.g. design, analysis, results).
- Working with requirements and contributing to requirements capture at system and software level.
- Appreciation of Functional Safety.
- Broad understanding of Electrical and Electronic systems.
- Technical knowledge of main elements for electric/ hybrid vehicle powertrains.
- Development of electric vehicle control strategies in Simulink.
- MIL, SIL and HIL validation methods.
- Specific exposure to automotive functional safety (ISO26262).
- Domain knowledge of vehicle propulsion systems and batteries (including modelling of cells and battery management strategies).
- Working with configuration management and change management systems.
- Proficiency in C or C++ programming.
- Understanding of vehicle control architectures.
- Understanding of vehicle network protocols (CAN, LIN)
Higher Degree (Relevant MSc End. D or Ph.D)