Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
over 1 year ago
Job Title: HWRC Waste Monitoring & Security Attendant
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for a Waste Monitoring and Security Attendant for our client based in Stoke-on-Trent, the role will be working at our client's household waste recycling centre and will be supporting the site operational teams in delivery of efficient and effective site operations and to maximise the segregation of wastes delivered for recycling through the provision of guidance, direction and information to site users.
The role will be directly responsible to the Site Manager and functionally assisting the Site Supervisor.
- Actively participate in any multi-agency initiatives to raise awareness of any policies,
procedures or restrictions that may apply to the site, either to improve the sustainability and environmental outcomes delivered or to prevent unauthorised use.
- Effectively promote recycling, reuse and waste minimisation initiatives applicable to the site, or as alternatives to site use, as may from time to time be implemented
- Work collaboratively with the Site Manager and Council Representatives in identifying those who are misusing the site through application of agreed systems for controlling, monitoring and recording actual or potential misuse.
- Where appropriate, to contribute to, support and apply any prohibitions on site use or access, or any enforcement action taken against individuals who are considered to be in breach of reasonable site rules and procedures.
- At least 2 years' experience in a security/Security guarding role.
- Have a good command of English Language to converse with the general public
- Ability to enforce Site/Company rules in potentially difficult situations when dealing with
members of the public.
- Confidently able to communicate effectively at all levels with members of the public, team
members and management
- Able to work as an active member of the team in order to create an effective and integrated
service that promotes individual contribution and sets high standards
- Emotional control and have a high degree of honesty and integrity Physically fit and prepared to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions, which includes but is not limited to heavy lifting when assisting the Site Attendants
- Able to react calmly and logically under pressure or in response to changing circumstances &
display a professional attitude at all times.
- Able to organise workload efficiently and determine priorities.
- Able to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision as an individual or part of a team
Operational / Performance:
- Apply clearly defined procedures for all operational activities and deliveries to help maintain maximum efficiency of the Site at all times.
- Maintain a basic knowledge of legislation relating to wastes and recycling and to keep abreast of all operations on site.
- Ensure that proper direction and guidance is given to all site users to maximise the segregation of recyclable materials into respective containment facilities
- Communicate and apply site usage rules and restrictions effectively and firmly whilst maintaining a professional manner and the highest levels of courtesy and operational standards at all times.
- Ensure that, site rules policies or procedures, are followed and routine checks are carried out on vehicles using the site and loads being deposited and with any irregularities being reported to the Site Supervisor and Manager.
- Verify and validate as required any vehicle permits issued for use of the site together with the monitoring and regulation of access by hired vans
- To complete any documentation that may be required in relation to wastes delivered to site that may relate to the method or frequency of delivery, mode of transport, nature of wastes and / or location of waste arising's where unauthorised use is identified or suspected
- Contribute to the resolution of any issues arising during day to day operations which may have an effect upon the quality of service provided and, where necessary, to report such issues or action to the Site Supervisor.
- Be responsible for any tools or equipment used or issued and to maintain the same in safe and clean condition and report any loss.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all departments and relevant Council representatives.
- Promptly report any issues concerning staff, premises, members of the public, and any other site users that have the potential to breach any of the Company's wider policies and procedures.
- Undertake and assist with such other duties as may be required from time to time commensurate with the post, including, if necessary the performance of duties outside of normal working hours.
- Demonstrate safe working practices in line with the Company's Health and Safety Policy and procedures and to promptly report any safety issues that could affect the safety of the
- site and staff to the Site Manager
- In possession of a recognised security qualification as recognised by the Security Industry Authority through awarding organisations: BIIAB, City & Guilds, BIIAB, City & Guilds, Edexcel, EDI, Highfield Qualifications, IQ, NOCN, Trident Awards (LASER)
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.