Job Title: Lead Mechanical Engineer - HVAC
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contract: 6 months
We are looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join a leading automotive manufacturer in Gothenburg, Sweden, on a 6 month contract basis. This role is within the HVAC System, a part of the Cooling and HVAC group within department Chassis & Driveline Development.
The HVAC System is responsible to develop system and installation of components for controlling the interior climate within the buses for conventional diesel buses, hybrid buses and also full electric buses.
We are responsible for the product maintenance and the development of new products.
The HVAC system includes different types of components; i.e. AC compressors, roof units, AUX Heaters, defroster, convectors and/or blowers.
- Have the responsibility within project to gather and plan for all requirements for the system.
- Document and communicate these to project management and to suppliers.
- Have the responsibility to secure a good system functionality of the system in the vehicle and also meet the feature requirements.
- Plan and secure the validation and verification for the system.
- Have the component responsibilities for Aux Heaters, Pumps, where you will work in projects and maintenance of products such as quality issues.
- You will work in close contact with the purchasing department, different projects, technical sales, test engineers, suppliers and other Volvo companies.
- As Lead Engineer you will lead a defined area of technical expertise with moderate technical
- Lead mechanical design engineering in a technical team.
- Have on holistic view on deliverables from other interfaces to secure quality & readiness before release.
- Spread knowledge and develop competence within the team.
- Develop and Manage networking across the organisation and provide inputs to the project pre-requisites based on the component history.
* M Sc. in relevant area or equivalent based on relevant work experience
* Minimum 7 years' experience from automotive development is a qualification
* Experience from HVAC system development is an advantage
* Knowledge in Catia v5 and Volvo systems and processes is an advantage.
* Fluent in English (written and spoken)
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston on 01384446119.