£35k - 37.5k per year
01384 446 174
4 months ago
Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality
Circa £35,000 plus benefits
We are working with an exceptional business, who are a genuine market leader in their field. They are a specialist manufacture and conversion company, dealing with both public and private sectors organisations
Due to an internal promotion and restructure, we are working in partnership to recruit a HSEQ Engineer (Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality Engineer)
Ideally you will be a time served skilled engineer with demonstrable experience and accreditation in the application of Health, Safety, Environmental, and Quality practises in a fast-paced manufacturing/ production environment.
In this role the HSEQ Engineer will work closely with the Operations and Service teams to further develop a positive Health and Safety culture whilst reducing risk in the Company to as low as reasonably practicable.
The successful candidate will join a highly focused, passionate team, working on a range of exciting and challenging initiatives to support the safe and on-time production of the specialist equipment.
As HSEQ Engineer you will be responsible for:
- To produce and report HSEQ metrics and performance against targets to the Management Team; to coordinate and carry out HSEQ associated actions to enable targets to be met.
- To act as an advocate for change and an ambassador for product quality. Specifically, to update trackers and to maintain a high level of communication and feedback between meetings and the Production and Service staff who identify the Quality issues.
- To develop safe working practises and processes in coordination with the Production Engineering Team and the Production Team Leaders. In doing so to identify opportunities for improvements.
- To maintain and develop the Company’s Quality Management and Environmental Management Systems in accordance with ISO9001 and ISO14001, along with the facilitation and preparation for internal and external audits.
- To work with the Production and Service Team Leaders to share knowledge and best practise, advise and coordinate risk assessment of new processes and tools, and to progress the HSEQ culture on the shop floor.
- To drive the philosophy of safety ownership throughout all levels of the organisation, partially through robust and in-depth internal audits.
- To ensure that all work completed complies with relevant Health, Safety, and Environmental legislation and policy.
- To promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents.
- To work with the Production/ Engineering Manager in reviewing accident and incident HSEQ reports and investigations.
- To assist staff and contractors in respect of compliance with relevant H&S legislation, client standards and contractual arrangements.
We are keen to talk to candidates you have the following skills and attributes:
- The ability to engage with the workforce and to adapt/ construct documented processes in line with common working principles and Health and Safety best practises.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing/ production environment implementing change with the cooperation and assistance of Production staff.
- As a pre-requisite the successful candidate must have IOSH Managing safely although it is preferable to also have a NEBOSH Level 3 Diploma.
- Experience in the internal auditing of multiple departments to established ISO9001 and ISO14001 systems.
- The personability and aptitude to work well with others and influence without authority; a people person who can help drive cultural shift.
- Computer literate with advanced knowledge of Excel and other standard Microsoft packages.
- Have a high degree of personal accountability.
- Be able to work on own their initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Proven team player.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Honest, Integrity, and Reliable.
- Good sense of humour.
I cannot stress how impressive this organisation is, very well run with an excellent senior management team who embrace teamwork and togetherness. It is a superb opportunity for the right candidate. Please apply for further information.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.