- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Supply chain
- Contact: Andy Leake
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446104
- Expiry Date: 23 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60114
UK role - WFH with travel/overnight stays.
Our client is world leading Specialised Industrial Services provider of process equipment for the FMCG, Chemical and General Engineering Sectors. Due to continued demands they are now seeking a HSEQ Manager who can create culture change and process improvement in heavy industry locations across UK. You will be an experienced and proactive HSEQ Manager who can drive safe working practices, challenge, and change behaviours, and create a safety-first culture through effective communication and leadership.
A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
Main responsibilities will be;
- Drive HSEQ across multi-cultural, multi-geographical, heavy industry operations while supporting wider business processes and procedures.
- Assess all operations to ensure compliance with company, national and international standards, and legislation where appropriate. Where deficiencies are identified, to work proactively with the business to identify and develop improvement plans.
- Complete/maintain records of audits, corrective & preventative actions using agreed standard documentation.
- Understand and maintain an awareness of relevant legislative changes and their impact upon operations.
- Creation of enforcement notices where operations and or employees fail to comply with company, national and international standards, and legislation.
- Define, develop, and implement new HSEQ procedures, operational standards and establish clearly defined methods and safe systems of work in line with industry.
- Investigate and compile management reports detailing remedial actions/recommendations on accidents and incidents where required
- Write technical and management system reports and produce general communications for companywide circulation.
- Assist with the preparation of risk assessments and method statements.
- Proactively contribute to the continual improvement process in relation to all HSEQ disciplines.
- Experience as a lead auditor or as an HSEQ practitioner.
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety
- Strong leadership with ability to effectively challenge behaviours and culture in line with business goals.
- Strong team ethic with a positive 'can-do' attitude.
- Sets and maintains high standards of work, experienced in the management and delivery of health & safety excellence across multi-site locations.
- Detailed knowledge of systems and standards to support health, safety, environment, and quality management, e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant discipline, but practical experience will be considered.
This is an excellent opportunity for an HSEQ professional to drive cultural change to benefit the organisation. Exposure to heavy industry equipment, maintenance and service provision may be an advantage.
In return for your experience, this West Midlands based company will offer you:
- An excellent basic salary, with car allowance, bonus, and benefits.
- An excellent opportunity for long term potential.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon.
If you have believe you have the right experience and attitude for this role, please apply today.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Andy Leake at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.