£45k - 50k per year + Car or Car Allowance, pension
01384 446 174
4 months ago
Engineering and Industrial Services Sector
Central Location with UK travel
Home and remote working
Up to £50,000. Car, or car allowance (£550 per month), pension, 25 days holiday.
This business is a global provider of engineering, manufacturing, and industrial services across a range of sectors. We have been asked to assist in the recruitment of a HSEQ Manager to cover the central region.
It is home based with UK travel to business sites including client and customer.
It will focus on ensuring HSEQ requirements and regulations are in line with the business strategy to continually add value.
The desired future state is to maintain the management systems for Health, Safety, Environment and Quality processes and procedures, primarily in accordance with ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 approvals.
There will be a strong focus on the practical implementation of improvements within the sites by the HSEQ Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a team responsible for transforming the way the business manages HSEQ activities. The successful candidate can assist in implementing and setting the standard and to establish themselves as a vital part of the Operations teams.
You will be expected to act as an identifier of opportunities and deliverer of solutions in relation to health, safety, environmental and quality activities.
The HSEQ Manager will be part of the operations team responsible for the delivery of health, safety, environmental and quality activities across multiple, onsite location within a geographical area.
The HSEQ Manager will support the delivery of exceptional health and safety advice and set and maintain high operational standards across all on-site operations where the business has their personnel deployed to ensure zero accidents.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Assess all operations to ensure compliance with company, national international standards, and legislation where appropriate.
- Complete and maintain records of audits, corrective and preventative actions using agreed documentation.
- Understand and maintain an awareness of relevant legislative changes and their impact upon the wider company operations.
- Creation of enforcement notices where operations and or employees fail to comply with company, national, international standards, and legislation.
- Define, develop, and implement new HSEQ procedures, operational standards and establish clearly defined methods and safe systems of work in line with industry.
- Investigate and compile management reports detailing remedial actions/recommendations on accidents and incidents where required.
- Write technical and management system reports and produce general communications for companywide circulation.
- Assist with the preparation of risk assessments and method statements.
- Proactively contribute to the continual improvement process in relation to all HSEQ disciplines
We need candidates who have detailed knowledge of systems and standards to support health, safety, environment, and quality management, e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001
You will be :
NEBOSH General Certificate in Health and Safety
- A minimum of 5 years work experience as a lead auditor or as an HSEQ practitioner
- Strong team player with a desire to support the delivery of common business goals.
- Strong team ethic with a positive 'can-do' attitude
- Sets and maintains high standards of work, experienced in the management and delivery of health & safety excellence across multi-site locations.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.