- Sector: Energy
- Function: Health & safety
- Contact: Lee Elwell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446154
- Expiry Date: 24 December 2021
- Job Ref: 58782
Role: Environmental, H&S Manager
Salary: Competitive Pay Rate
We are currently recruiting for a Environmental Manager who has experience also H&S for our clients new facility in Grangemouth, the role will support the business with its legal obligations as well as continual improvements with regard to health, safety, environmental and quality by ensuring conformance and inputting into the Business Integrated Management System, (IMS).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the Company’s Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policy is fully implemented where applicable and conformed to across the site at all times. This will include following the requirements stipulated by the integrated management system certified to ISO 9001:2015, 14001:2015 and 45001:2018.
- Perform all reporting, monitoring and testing requirements relating to quality, environment and health and safety and ensure compliance with the O&M contractual requirements and SEPA Permit.
- Being an integral part of the HSEQ team, promote and support conformance to the business Integrated Management System, (IMS) which includes COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards) and SEPA (Scottish Environmental Protection Agency) requirements.
- Work with the HSEQ team to identify and analyse both recurring and unique issues and advise and provide guidance and solutions to the plant management team.
- Directly involved in preparing the Construction Phase Plan (outage planning) and on-site field support during the annual outages.
- To keep abreast of Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and provide advice to the site.
- Monitor through inspections, audits and safety tours the effectiveness of the HSEQ management system and make recommendations to improve safety procedures and work practices when required.
- Ensure / participate all statutory inspections required are completed and records are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure accident and incident investigations are carried out to the required standard and within a suitable period, producing supporting documentation and implementing proactively, corrective action plans, including recommendations.
- Where necessary, provide local information on HSEQ performance for the management team at head office.
- Assist in the identification of training needs for employees.
- Deliver training, toolbox talks, inductions and briefings as required across the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality disciplines.
- Measure health performance where required, (noise, dust, vibration etc) and report on this to management.
- Ensure compliance to IMS with regards to COSHH, (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
- Attend and participate in regular health and safety forums and review meetings when necessary.
- Monitor, advise and report on the services provided by contractors in line with the Company IMS requirements and safe working practices.
- Support and participate in internal audits and facilitate external certification audits when required.
- Escalate to management notifiable breaches, Health and Safety or Emissions related concerns.
- Participate in the process for applying for maintaining recognised Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Awards, i.e. RoSPA Gold.
- Participate in all training and awareness with diligence and seriousness.
- Use the T100 (Awareness Software) with diligence and engagement.
- Evaluation of third party (contractor) risk assessments, method statements etc.
- Supporting in the development and implementation of internal risk assessments, method statements.
- Implement Environmental best practices across a range of projects/processes.
- Perform Environmental sampling and monitoring activities as required by the permit and other stakeholders, liaising with external laboratories as required.
- Maintain and work within quality accreditations.
- Identify potential risks to the business from an environmental perspective considering (short, medium and long term) and develop strategies and advise management accordingly to mitigate any risks.
- Ensure all statutory inspections required are completed and records are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure that quality indicators and standards are maintained
- Liaise with site staff & management to ensure action plans from inspections/audits are closed.
- The above duties are not exhaustive. The jobholder will also be required to carry out other ad hoc duties that are necessary.
Qualifications and capabilities:
- A full UK Driving Licence and willingness to travel/overnight etc which will be a regular part of the job. Extensive knowledge and recent experience in Health, Safety and Environmental, Quality Management Systems and relevant legislation.
- Strong background working in the energy from waste / power/ chemical / construction or civil engineering sector.
- Good knowledge of CDM Regs 2015
- Educated in degree level or similar in relevant disciplines (Sciences, Engineering, and Environmental etc.) and/or
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. NEBOSH General Certificate, NCRQ Certificate and Diplomas, or NVQ (level 4 or 5) equivalent.
- Self-motivated – in providing an effective service while working within set deadlines and reporting frameworks.
- Strong minded - able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks in accordance to legislative and business needs.
- Competent - Ability to demonstrate excellent Health and Safety behaviours and ability to challenge constructively unsafe behaviours or attitudes.
- Fitness levels allowing the jobholder to access areas of site from height and in confined spaces/restricted entry spaces if/when required.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work as part of a team and independently using own initiative and with minimal supervision.
- Competent with using IT, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience in waste to energy, construction and civil engineering would be of advantage to the post holder.
- Experience of working with ISO 9001/14001/45001
- Technical membership of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- A current First Aid Qualification.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.