£45k - 50k per year + Car Allowance, Pension, 23 days holiday + Bank holidays
01384 446 174
about 1 month ago
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Bespoke consumer goods manufacturing and retail
Upto £50,000, £5000 per annum, car allowance, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme.
An opportunity has arisen for a Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join this well established business based in Hinckley, the role will also have regular travel to other sites and retail locations across the country.
As the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Manager, you will coordinate, support and advise on all aspects in regards to Health Safety and environmental matters. You will have the autonomy to establish, manage and monitor standards, communications, processes and training to ensure the business conforms to Health and Safety legislation.
Reporting to the Group Director, with line management responsibility for the H&S Advisor, your key responsibilities include:
- Delivering front-line HSE advice across the business.
- Owning and driving a culture of safety.
- Motivating, coaching and encouraging all personnel in HSE matters.
- Ensuring the business remains fully compliant and operates in accordance with legislation.
- Regularly reporting on and updating Directors/Senior Management on HSE matters.
- Defining and delivering appropriate HSE training interventions within the business to ensure employees are competent to deliver their accountabilities.
- Conducting risk reviews and gap assessments to identify non-conformance and address areas of concern.
- Investigating all serious incidents both internally and with insurers to determine root cause, prevent recurrence and identify areas of improvement.
- Ensure that the business maintains compliance with its ISO commitments. Focusing on migrating from ISO18001 to ISO45001.
- Ensure all legal obligations with regards to workplace environment testing, PPE, COSSH, Noise, Fire, DSE, Stress, Manual handling are met.
- Chairing health and safety representative meetings.
To succeed in this role you will:
- Demonstrate previous experience of managing Health and Safety, delivering training, conducting assessments and audits, ideally gained within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Substantial experience in a similar HSE managerial role.
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Be fully conversant with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
- Be able to manage multiple internal and external partners to deliver results.
- Possess excellent written and spoken communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be commercially aware, with a hands-on, practical approach to Health and Safety.
- Have proven leadership qualities and the ability to motivate and develop a team.
- Be a holder of current full driving licence as travel between our sites will be part of your role.
The business is a well established organisation, that over the past 12 months has seen a hug increase in orders and demand for their products. This is a great time to join the organisation, where you can really start to drive forward the HSE strategy and culture within the business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.