Coventry, West Midlands
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour
almost 2 years ago
Job Title: HSE Manager
Contract length: 3 months
Hourly rate: £30.00 per hour
A strategic and operational HSE Manager is required with previous experience working in a manufacturing environment for an initial 3 month contract with a Coventry based company.
- To develop, maintain, communicate and monitor the implementation of Health and Safety and Environmental policies
- To provide competent Health, Safety and Environmental advice to the management team and employees at all levels, including providing advice on legislative changes.
- Engage managers in implementing Health, Safety and Environmental improvements
- Deliver safety related training programmes to employees, including induction for all new employees
- Ensure that adequate first aid facilities are available and maintain and inspect accident reports.
- Collate, analyse and report on Health and Safety and Environmental data
- Carry out accident and incident investigation and reporting when required in line with Company Policy and legislation. Ensure that corrective actions are implemented
- Ensure that all fire equipment is regularly inspected and serviced
- Manage and maintain the handling of claims for industrial injury.
- Ensure that risk assessments are carried out on all operations within the Company, make recommendations for improvement, and ensure that these are implemented.
- Liaise with external authorities to facilitate inspections and to comply with reporting requirements
- Participate in regular Health and Safety meetings with employee representatives
- Maintain COSHH Safety data sheets on substances used within the organisation
- Degree level or equivalent qualification
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- Member of IOSH.
- Up-to-date knowledge of H&S legislation
- Strong communication skills - written and spoken
- Computer literate
- Confident and able to influence others
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organisational skills
- Practical and solution focused, you will consistently persevere to get results
- Full Driving license
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the HSE Manager role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147