Health, Safety & Environment Manager
£35,000 to £40,000 + benefits
Operating in over 16 countries, servicing approximately 4 billion people around the world our client is a vertically integrated farm to fork food conglomerate. A ready meal, a sandwich, a pub dinner, a pizza from the supermarket, a chilled snack or even a seafood salad, covering multiple sectors in the UK, you will have eaten their products and not even known about it.
They are now in need of a Health, Safety & Environment Manager to support the BRC Grade A manufacturing site in Suffolk. The site works 7 days a week, 363 days a year with multiple interchangeable High Care and Low Care lines, producing a wide range of chilled and frozen products for the retail, food service and ingredients markets in both branded and own label formats.
The HSE Manager will support and provide guidance to all functions on operational HS&E activities and strategy delivery in alignment with the company policies. Ensuring adherence to all relevant HS&E legislation and agreed internal standards, you will ensure the planning and deliverance of risk assessments ensuring the site is safe and compliant, delivering the environmental plan in conjunction with the local Leadership team to improve environmental performance at the manufacturing Unit
- 5 years previous experience of operational HSE
- Up to date knowledge of HS&E legislation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience of a Food manufacturing environment would be desirable
- National/professional qualification (preferably at degree level) in Health, Safety and Environmental
- Occasional travel to the Head Office in the West Midlands
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are a HSE Manager, have food manufacturing experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the HSE Manager role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17