- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Maintenance and facilities
- Contact: Jon Blaze
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446184
- Expiry Date: 29 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58777
Our client is a niche automotive design and vehicle builder, currently establishing a presence in the South East. The business is currently undergoing a huge period of growth, with the introduction of new product lines and clients and as a result is looking for an HSE Facilities Manager to establish, develop and sustain all HSE aspects relating to the new facility from the outset of this exciting SME's success at its new site.
The HSE Facilities Manager will take responsibility for all HSE management. Sharing good practice on health and safety matters and disseminating information across the Company as appropriate. Ensuring the business is legally compliant with all Health & Safety legislation. Working with and training all employees to manage, monitor and improve the health and safety standards in the workplace and being responsible for all safety inspections in the workplace.
In addition, the following key responsibilities will form part of the role:
The operation and maintenance of building systems and services. Management of services and processes that support the core business, ensuring that best practices are followed for maximum efficiency and that the most suitable working environment is attained for its employees and their activities
Proactively collaborating on Environmental, Health and Safety projects, across all sites
Responsible for planning and implementing the Health, Safety & Environmental requirements for the new facility in Dagenham, achieving legal compliance.
Manage the development, implementation and delivery of the business' HSE management systems and standards.
Lead the investigation and review of accidents, incidents, near misses and complaints, through risk assessments, accident investigations and reporting methods. Identify solutions to prevent reoccurrence and ensure robust countermeasures, management systems and standards are implemented.
Advice on matters relating to Health & Safety at work, including obligations, responsibilities of managers and employees; provide comprehensive advice on best practice.
Manage all aspects of environmental management, including waste streams, ISO certification, permit requirements and pollution control.
Provide management with information and statistics related to your area of responsibility and authoritative guidance on Health & Safety, and Environmental matters.
Review and audit arrangements for Health & Safety management, while continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
Proactively managing risks and dealing with insurance issues on site.
Plan and strategise work systems around reducing Health and Safety risks and environmental requirements, for example, recommending suitable adaptations to machinery and processes.
Represent the business, where required, with regulatory health, safety & environmental authorities. Coordinate and lead work with regulatory authorities and insurers on key matters such as fire risk assessment and certification, emergency planning and safety improvements.
Manage & report Health & Safety, and Environmental KPI's, ensuring robust regimes are in place.
Responsible for waste management policies and processes in line with Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, at all our locations.
Project manage, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors
Direct, coordinate and plan essential services such as security, maintenance, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling
Ensure buildings meet health & safety, and environmental requirements and that facilities comply with legislation
Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping and hygiene are always maintained in line with 5S principles
- Strong ability to develop robust business strategies
- Proactive, well organised and results-oriented with the ability to lead and participate in multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Skilled in budgetary formulation, analysis and management with proven track record of operational excellence and cost efficiency
- Experience managing multiple competing interests and priorities
- Educated to degree level, and/or qualified to NVQ5/NEBOSH Diploma level, CIMOSH: with significant Health & Safety experience, ideally gained in a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in facilities management or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- A good understanding of, Quality conformance requirements and of Continuous Improvement
- Analytical and numeracy skills, strong problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Good understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and ability to work under pressure and prioritize own workload as required
- Uphold an upbeat "can do" attitude with outgoing personality to motivate and lead teams
For an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business and be able to set, develop and influence its facilities and HSE requirements at the start of a new site opening please apply at the link.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.