Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor
Circa £40,000, plus benefits
A leading automotive component manufacturer is recruiting for an experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities / Main Objectives
- Day to day responsibility for site H&S activity
- Liaise with management and staff; providing advice and guidance on H&S matters to conform with regulatory requirements
- Assist and support risk assessments
- Compilation of safe systems of work
- Writing and implementing procedures, safe systems of work and completing relevant H&S documentation
- Accident investigation
- Preparing and collating data and issuing KPI's
- Co-ordinate day to day environmental issues, including site waste management streams.
- Improve the overall environmental performance of the business by developing environmental programs to ensure that operations meet regulatory requirements.
- Ideally a manufacturing background
- Ergonomics experience / understanding is desirable
- NEBOSH qualification certificate preferred
- Have a working knowledge / understanding of ISO 14001 and relevant environmental legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisation and communication skills.
- Problem solving: Able to use a range of methods to identify and solve issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Comprehensive knowledge and use of MS office packages.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right HSE Candidate to join a forward thinking, global business. They supply into numerous OEM's across Europe and are a leading developer of new technology in their field.