about 1 year ago
HSE Advisor to provide leadership, mentoring, and direction to hourly, salaried and management personnel to ensure employee health and the environment are protected. Conduct and supervise activities that ensure compliance with governmental regulations and corporate policies. To undertake Environmental, Health and/or Safety (EHS) activities across the company's facilities in the Nottingham area. Be flexible with working hours and travel to other UK facilities to meet the demands of the business.
HSE Advisor Job duties (Responsibilities and Accountabilities):
- The incumbent needs to coach and facilitate the development of the work group to develop collaborative relationships among themselves, suppliers, other cross functional groups and internal customers to ensure goals are achieved.
- Assists operations management in understanding related EHS requirements and their impact on operations.
- Identifies common safety/health/environmental hazards inherent in the organizations operations, and works with EHS manager or corporate EHS to establish guidelines for protection from those hazards.
- Conduct internal EHS audits, safety inspections/observations and assist in preparation for external audits and visits.
- Assists management in addressing and correcting Compliance Audit and inspection findings.
- Perform incident investigations and ensure all documentation is filled out correctly
- Applies standard techniques, involving only minor innovations of methodology, to perform targeted assignments.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of an EHS management system.
- Performs training that has already been developed and recommend further training improvements, based on known hazards and risks within the business.
- Conduct new hire inductions with all new starters
- Completes EHS reports for review and submission to various corporate/government agencies.
- Responsible for the management and governance of the Nottingham sites' Legionella management systems including the preparation of all documentation, maintenance of records and submissions to the relevant enforcement agencies.
- Management and governance of the companies waste management systems including the preparation of all documentation, maintenance of records and submissions to the relevant enforcement agencies'
- Management and governance of the Nottingham sites' noise control plan.
- Management of the Nottingham sites' energy conservation plan.
- Manage their own development, continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of technology and regulatory changes.
Skills and Experience required:
- Incumbent needs a breadth of knowledge and experience including EHS regulations, programs and policies
- NEBOSH general certificate with at least 3 years' experience is required. A technical degree or NEBOSH diploma is highly desired.
- A strong understanding of EHS regulations and corporate standards is essential.
- Strong communication skills are necessary.
- Experience in dealing with Governing Bodies (HSE, Fire/Environmental Officials etc.)
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- Experience of developing and delivering training.
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office.