PART TIME 20 – 25 HOURS PER WEEK
HR Officer Job Purpose:
Our client is recruiting for an experience generalist HR Officer. The primary purpose of the role is to take responsibility for the Groups Human Resource requirements.
At present the HR role is performed by the Chief Operating Officer and due to continued expansion of the business and his own role the HR element has becoming too demanding for time. In addition, many development areas and ideas identified within the scope of HR will be introduced and implemented as part of this new role.
The role reports to the Chief Operating Officer but will play a wider role in pro actively assisting Directors and Managers delivering business objectives from a HR perspective.
The role is part-time and days and hours of work can be negotiated but approximately 20 - 25 hours per week is anticipated.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Provide 1st line HR support to staff and managers and maintain diligently all HR records.
- Act as custodian for the Group’s HR policies and procedures ensuring they are up to date to current legislations, and enforced via period audits.
- Assist and coordinate the recruitment process and selection.
- Prepare Offers and Employment contracts for New Employees.
- Develop and implement a more comprehensive induction process for new starters.
- Involvement with staff performance reviews and manage the disciplinary process.
- Annual review accuracy and completeness of employee contracts.
- Manage, promote, and periodically assess and review appropriateness of employee benefits.
- Develop employee training programs across all areas.
- Prepare monthly report on HR KPI’s, sickness, statistics, HR developments.
- Review and coordination of the Group Health and Safety procedures utilising the external contractor currently place.
- Car Fleet Management.
- Deliver ad hoc Business Improvement projects to agreed time-scales and budgets.
- Any other duties that may be required of you from time to time.
- In excess of 5 years experience in a similar HR function/role, preferably CIPD qualified.
- Proactive approach to tasks and able to work under own initiative to bring new ideas to the Directors.
- First class communication skills, written and verbal.
- Able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality.
- Highly organised.
- Can do attitude.
- Experience in Health and Safety requirements preferred but not essential.
IT literate and diligent record keeping.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon if you are an experienced HR Officer with a good knowledge of generalist HR with a proactive focus to tasks and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Julie Thomas at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446168.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.