Instrumentation Test Systems Technology Company
Permanent (22 hours/week) - West Midlands
An HR Advisor is required to deliver a professional HR service providing pragmatic, creative and business focused HR solutions and recommendations. To build and develop relationships with all employees to provide support and guidance on a range of HR matters and share best practice.
Due to increased workloads, this company, the industry leader in instrumentation test systems require an HR Advisor. As the HR Advisor, you will be required to:
- Build effective working relationships with staff at all levels, providing advice and guidance on a range of HR policies and HR related issues to support understanding and ensure effective communication of good HR practice.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of all HR policy, ensuring that HR issues are dealt with within the timescales set out in the company's procedures.
- Review policies annually in accordance with employment law changes.
- Ensure all data on manual and computerised records are accurate and up to date and provide accurate and timely reports as and when required.
- To own the recruitment process from start to finish to include building policies and procedures around recruitment, recruiting internally, from overseas and affiliates and advising managers on recruitment methods.
- Write and present information briefings on a range of HR related topics.
- Support managers and provide advice on a full range of HR matters, to ensure the effective management of staff to achieve business needs.
- Research and recommend new initiatives e.g. wellbeing.
- Monitor key HR KPI's e.g. turnover and retention rates.
- Ensure effective monitoring of sickness trends and remedial action in accordance with the company policy and to facilitate a proactive approach to absence management to ensure a smooth return to work.
- To co-ordinate APR's and employee development.
The HR Advisor should have the following skills and experience:
- Generalist HR experience with proven successes.
- Minimum qualification of CIPD Level 5 qualified or above, with a potential interest in further study.
- Current knowledge of employment law and good HR practice coupled with the ability to put these into company policies.
- Experience of HR systems - SAP would be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Can-do and problem-solving attitude and an ability to work on your own initiative
- Significant experience in recruitment.
- A drive to improve performance and deliver outstanding results through new, innovative and more effective ways of working
- Ability to see the potential in others and understand the impact of their actions on colleagues.
- A high level of personal integrity, who displays respect and empathy for others and is consistent, open and honest and always maintains confidentiality.
- Good MS Office skills.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary expectations. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details. However, should you wish to discuss your application in the meantime, please contact Justin Wainwright on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281 firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.