- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Human resources
- Contact: Dan Plimmer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446 174
- Duration: Perm
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 26 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61483
Automotive Tier 1 manufacturing and assembly
Market rate salary for HR Officer in West Midlands,
Pension (5%&3%) 25 days holiday, 4x life cover
We are working with this very well run and respected automotive tier 1 who supply advanced electronic systems to all the major automotive and motorcycle OEMs across the UK and Europe.
Due to an upturn in volumes and subsequent HR demand, we have been asked to search and recruit a HR Officer with generalist human resources experience, gained in a manufacturing, engineering or automotive environment.
You will provide day to day administrative support to the Human Resources and Payroll departments and participate in other activities of the HR function.
General duties and responsibility:
- Provide administrative advice to employees and managers regarding HR/payroll matters.
- Provide administrative support for the recruitment and selection process, occupational health and other activities as required.
- Conduct disciplinary and grievance investigations when and where necessary.
- Organise the supply of temporary labour for manufacturing operations. Maintain records and complete time sheets
- Produce basic statistical information as required
- Administer all paperwork related to HR activities such as employment contracts, offer letters, job descriptions, and leaver’s documentation.
- Collate information provided from the appraisal process, aiding with training and development opportunities.
- Arrange training and administer relevant documentation. Collate and file certificates.
- Deliver training internally on key topics.
- Maintain comprehensive necessary employment records of all staff permanent and temporary. These records are kept in physical and electronic formats.
- Assistance with the administration of the immigration process for Intra-Company Transfers and supporting colleagues to settle in the UK.
- Maintain the HR system.
- Responsible for the Induction programme for both permanent and temporary staff.
- Manage the administration process for Occupational Health.
- Ensure that Company communications are administered in a timely manner
- Arrange long service awards
- Assist with employee opinion survey on a biennial basis
Specific skills and experience to role:
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and good numeracy skills.
- Must be able to work within a team, but also able to work individually and use own initiative.
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop further within HR.
- Ability to prioritise effectively, managing a number of tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Able to cope well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Computer literate and be able to use Microsoft Office products proficiently.
- Be able to utilise HR data systems and demonstrate the ability to extract relevant information from the HR database to assist HR management with the compilation of various reports.
- CIPD qualified / working towards, ideally level 5 or higher.
- Ideally graduate level background
- Driving Licence
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.