Job Title: HR Administrator
Location: Wolverton, Milton Keynes
Duration: 3 month FTC
A prestigious organisation within the rail industry is in search of a HR Administrator to join them on a three month fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Group Human Resources Director and providing a dedicated HR support function to Business Partners in delivering both high quality HR initiatives and services
Responsible for the administration of a high volume of HR transactional activities across the Group, spanning the employee life cycle from starting to leaving. Including the processing of Payroll, Benefits, in a timely and efficient manner.
Recruitment & Onboarding
- Process job offers and employment contracts
- Support the recruitment process with documentation including onboarding and inductions
- Administer the probation process ensuring Managers know when review meetings need to take place
- Prepare documentation for forwarding to Group Payroll Department to ensure deadlines are met, including Agency Worker timesheets
- Take minutes as a HR representative at investigatory, disciplinary and capability meetings
- Co-ordinate occupational health surveillance and referrals appointments
- Update HR metrics and liaise with key stakeholders on the provision of information.
- Ensure all HR Software systems are up-to-date
- Administer Group Training Needs
- Raise PO’s and track on SAP
- Produce regular stats on HR metrics and generate monthly reports
- Liaise with the Occupational Health provider to facilitate screening for staff. Scheduling medicals and keeping record of medical documents
- Administer Agency worker time sheets in a timely manner
- Process any/all ad hoc HR queries in a timely manner and if required escalate to the relevant Business Partner/Department
Working lawfully and in accordance with pre-defined regulatory, compliance and financial requirements e.g. Data Protection, Health and Safety,
Working in accordance with procedures, company policy, processes, controls and ethical standards of conduct.
Required to take reasonable care for the health and safety of oneself and other people at work. This extends to co-operating to enable the company to fulfil its legal duty. Not to interfere with or obstruct anything provided in the interests of health and safety at work.
Demonstrate our core business behaviours: -
- Be reliable & trustworthy
- Demonstrate passionate commitment
- Demonstrate competence
- Be a great professional partner
- Ideally CIPD qualified or part qualified
- Experience of working within a manufacturing/engineering or industrial business where you will have dealt with a high volume of varied employee relations issues
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Solid HR Administration
- Excellent attention to detail ensuring all correspondence includes all relevant information, is accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
- Proven team player with a professional attitude
- Constantly strives to add value to the business
- The ability to communicate with, and influence, a wide range of people at varying levels
- Maintains confidentiality and adheres to GDPR.
- Creative thinker who uses knowledge and technology to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent IT skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good planning skills enabling achievement of multiple priorities within agreed timescales.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including a confident telephone manner.
- Ability to work with high volumes of documentation and at a fast pace
Previous experience in HR administration or knowledge of HR through CIPD (or equivalent) studies is essential.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.