£24 per hour
A Homologation Engineer is required to join an automotive company based in Cranfield.
- Develop and deliver Type Approval project plans for responsible models, tracking and reporting delivery against key milestones.
- Responsible for System Type Approval for allocated regulation subjects for all markets.
- Negotiate 'worst case' scenarios with EU Authorities.
- To prepare necessary documentation in line with project plans.
- Facilitate Type Approval testing in accordance with EU and other markets legislation and respect Quality, Cost and Delivery targets.
- Give subject interpretation support to design and test engineers through authority/consultation.
- Deliver certification for responsible products.
- Indirect supervision of Manufacturing/Admin staff on specific occasions
- Cross functional working with sections/departments.
- Cross functional working with other entities and Homologation representatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree qualified within an Engineering discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills for technical discussions with design, test, off site labs and EU test authority engineers.
- High level of regulation knowledge across the many subjects required to achieve WVTA.
- Experience in Homologation Type Approval processes and regulations for passenger cars.
- Experience in WLTP Emissions Regulations would be advantageous
There is an assumption that the candidate will have the following:
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work on own and within a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to plan and manage own workload.
- IT literate, competent user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Good organization skills, attention to detail and flexible
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham on firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.