Job title: HMI Specialist
Location: Cranfield, Bedfordshire
A HMI Specialist is required with a proven automotive development background.
Our client an Automotive OEM based in Cranfield requires a HMI Specialist with strong knowledge of automotive HMI principles for a new contract role.
As a HMI Specialist you will be required to:
- Agree timing for European input to global HMI developments with overseas counterparts.
- Prepare for and conduct reviews of HMI systems & create alternative proposals if required.
- Make feedback to overseas counterparts.
- Make input into HMI guideline definitions.
- Conduct necessary competitor benchmarking.
- Conduct specific annual HMI type activities requested by overseas counterparts.
- Prepare for and make regular status reports to senior Management
The HMI Specialist should have the following skills or experience:
- The successful candidate should have a proven automotive development background and a strong knowledge of automotive HMI principles and best practice.
- Ideally they should also have an understanding of electronic principles and an interest and appreciation for HMI technologies applied in vehicles now and a vision towards the future.
- Important personal attributes include being well organised, an excellent communicator and able to show high levels of initiative and proactivity.
- Competent with PC applications (MS office etc.).
- Be able to travel in the UK and abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks.
If you have any questions or about the HMI Specialist role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259