Attractive salary & benefits package
HMI / UI Designer (Permanent)- UK or India
A brand new role for Tata Design, the candidate will bolster and support the interiors design team and continue developing our brand customer experience further, through the development of innovative and stylish user interfaces in line with the design vision.
The successful candidate will support cross functional activities ranging from trend analysis, creation of UI and motion design themes in both pre-KO and production phases and will be responsible for compelling and relevant design ideas to support any of the ongoing projects relative to HMI/UI/UX from early development through to implementation.
You will need experience of and the ability to:
- Communicate ideas in the best way (presentations, 2D visuals, digital prototypes, motion designs etc.)
- Seek information independently and to work to the direction given/chosen and deliver to high standards is required
- On a less regular basis, to support many UX development activities working with various key stakeholders including suppliers to visualize creative solutions working with interior designers to ensure robust alignment with feasibility
- Work on both production and on true advanced design phases and develop one-off solutions or exploratory HMI solutions for concept vehicles
We are looking for:
- Degree in Design or similar is required.
- Around 3-5 years of experience is preferred, depends on the candidate’s relevance.
- Good proven record with great graphical flair and design sensitivity.
- Knowledge of commonly used UI/UX software is a must (Adobe XD, Illustrator, Sketch, etc…)
- Good knowledge of specialist’ software (polygonal modelling ie Maya, Blender, 3DS Max, etc. or even Kanzi or Principle) are a plus of course
Tata Motors Design, comprising three global design centres including state of the art studio at the NAIC at the University of Warwick (UK), Pune (India) and Turin (Italy), is pivotal in the creation and delivery of the future of Tata Motors passenger and commercial vehicles. With the recent success of the Nexon, Altroz and Tiago, it is strengthening its global team with highly creative and driven design professionals to shape the future of Indian motoring.
Jonathan Lee is working exclusively with Tata to find the very best talent to support their future. To apply click the link above or alternatively, send your CV and your portfolio (where relevant), along with an introduction email to Jonathan Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the reference number for the position in the subject line of your email application.