- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Embedded Systems & Electronics
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Duration: 12 months
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 13 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61708
HiL System Configuration Engineer
Up to £44/hr - Inside IR35
Peterborough/Remote - Hybrid
12 month initial contract
Off Highway/Diesel Engines
Our client is seeking an engineer skilled in engine control software testing processes and equipment to develop and maintain UK based hardware-in-the-loop (HiL) systems and associated tools for validation teams to use.
The validation teams are based at several different sites and this team member will need to liaise with these group to ensure the systems meet their needs.
The team primarily use dSPACE and Vector tools to develop automated test scripts but a significant proportion are created in Python. The successful candidate will need to be fully conversant with all these tools.
The responsibilities of this role include:-
- Developing and maintaining an AutomationDesk / Python based test automation environment for others to use to develop test plans
- Advising others on how to implement test plans
- Manage deployment of HiL configurations to our UK based test systems
- Manage other supporting software (calibration / service tools etc) on HiL systems
- Conduct ad-hoc tests to validate or troubleshoot issues
- Run flash file calibration validation tests
Candidates will have gained the following skills and experience through previous roles:
- dSPACE - ControlDesk, AutomationDesk, EESPORT, ConfigurationDesk, Installation Manager, Firmware Manager - for system configuration and test automation
- Python - Able to create test scripts in versions 2.x and 3.x
- Ability to define test plans from all levels of system requirements including main functionality and diagnostic behaviour
- Knowledge of power system and diesel engine control system components (controllers, sensors , actuators etc) sufficient to devise test plans
- Mathworks - Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow - Able to use and interpret model designs to trouble shoot problems
- Vector - Able to set up devices / networks for CANape and CANalyzer and use the tools manually of via automation
For further information, please send your interest and CV to – email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.