Job title: HiL Software Test Engineer
Salary Range: Up to £31.20 per hour LTD
Industry: Electrical Engineering
This role will be within the Virtual Integration of Testing Automation Lab (VITAL) team. VITAL is based on Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing environment and used to support embedded software validation testing at full vehicle system level (Level 5).
- Coordinate full vehicle HIL Simulink modelling activity to support current and future vehicle program testing.
- Support the integration of powertrain and chassis models into VITAL platforms.
- Identify future HIL simulation capability (e.g. test automation) and work with the HILST Team Leader to develop and deploy new technology.
- Support test engineer/ECU owner test requirement and develop related HIL capability to conduct the test robustly.
- Liaise with program integration team to ensure robust gateway delivery of the ECU software.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Significant experience in hardware-in-the-loop simulation and test (HILST) using dSPACE and Mathworks products such as Simulink, Stateflow, dSpace control desk NG, Ideally in chassis area such as brake/ABS system.
- Good understanding of Vehicle electrical infrastructure (e.g. vehicle diagnostics, vehicle CAN/LIN/FlexRay network and specialised knowledge on some individual ECUs in the vehicle).
- Engineering experience in Chassis engineering (e.g. ABS) is a bonus.
- National Instrumentation test platform or other test platform experience will also be considered.
- Experience in test automation methods and tools (MXvDEV, AutomationDesk or other tools).
- Good project management skills for effective task delivery.
Please contact James Tilley for details.