Stress Engineer - Wolverhampton
We have an exciting opportunity a Stress Engineer for a world leading Tier 1 supplier for the design, development and manufacture of Actuation Systems for the aerospace industry at their facility in Wolverhampton.
The Stress Engineer role will include static and fatigue stress calculations, stress summaries and reports and approval of component and assembly drawings. Support to the development department may be required involving compilation or review of test specifications, defining loading cycles for test and reviewing test results. Also you will be involved in vibration and damage tolerance analysis and failure investigations
The Stress Engineer will:
- Carry out static and fatigue stress calculations
- Complete stress summaries and reports and approval of component and assembly drawings.
- Support the development department by the compilation or review of test specifications, defining loading cycles for test and reviewing test results.
- Work as part of a wordwide multi-disciplinary team.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or similar related subject
- Experience in traditional hand calculations and Mathcad is essential, CAD (SolidWorks or Unigraphics NX) and FEA (ANSYS).
- Knowledge of aerospace materials, their mechanical, static and fatigue properties and the influence of manufacturing processes on the strength of components beneficial.
- Proven experience in analysing and reporting on gearboxes, Geared Rotary Actuators, Power Drive Units, transmission shafts and hydraulic control manifolds ideally within the Aerospace industry.
- £40,000 to £50,000 Negotiable dependent upon experience.
- Large company benefits
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on 01384446192