Job title: HGV Workshop Manager
Salary Range: £17.00 - £18.00 per hour
Hours: 8:00 - 16:30 Monday to Friday - 37.5-hour week
Contract or Permanent position working for a leading HGV Aftermarket Dealership
HGV Workshop Manager required with knowledge of managing HGV supervisors, HGV Technicians, and HGV service advisors. Candidates with experience of HGV/PSV servicing would be well received.
Due to expansion this client based in Ipswich requires dynamic, leading HGV Workshop Manager with experience of managing and supporting staff to GVS process from planning through on Arrival to Invoice/claim process. As the HGV Workshop Manager, you will be required to:
- Proactively manage the GVS process from "planning, through On Arrival" to "Invoice / Claim" closure. Ensure that CSR's and Technician Supervisors are working in line with the standard OTI process.
- Ensuring that service and repair work is completed to time and quality standards and all invoice / claim documents are complete and accurate.
- Managing customer expectations, job profitability and workshop productivity targets will be a daily focus to ensure that workshop profitability is optimised.
- The motivation & personal development of the team, effective competence development, succession planning and dealing with employee issues on a day to day basis.
- Manage the performance of the service department to ensure that KPI targets are achieved.
- Manage and plan workshop / support resources to ensure that OTI process requirements can be fulfilled on each shift.
- Support the CSR / Workshop Supervisor as required ensuring job specification, codification and quoting preparation tasks are completed on a timely basis.
- Support the CSR as required ensuring that invoice / claiming closure tasks are accurate and completed on a timely basis
The HGV/PSV Technician should have the following skills or experience:
- City and Guilds, NVQ 3 or equivalent in Motor Vehicle Technology.
- Experience of working within the motor vehicle industry, preferably a technical background from working within a commercial workshop.
- Full knowledge of VOSA requirements and MOT testers manual.
- Knowledge / experience of leading teams.
- Knowledge of workshop KPIs.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of managing a HGV aftermarket dealership/department. In return for your experience, this Ipswich based HGV aftermarket dealership will offer you:
- Contract or Permanent Position
- 8:00 - 16:30 Monday to Friday
- £17.00 - £18.00 per hour
- Health care
- Training matrix
- Gym Membership
- Company Shares after 2 years
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of HGV or PSV and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the HGV workshop manager role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.