£12.50 - £15.00 per hour
11 months ago
Jonathan Lee Recruitment are proud to be representing their client, a leading HGV Aftermarket Dealership in their search for a 2 HGV Technician to work in one of their leading facilities in Ipswich.
For the successful HGV Technician our client is offering:
- Permanent or Contract Position
- 6am - 2pm/2pm-10pm Rotation- £12.50 - £15.00 per hour
- Overtime at 1.25 per hour
- 25 days holiday
- Health care
- Training matrix
- Gym Membership
- Company Shares after 2 years
The Role as a HGV Technician:
- Carrying out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of HGV or PSV vehicles & trailers to VOSA standard
- Diagnosing and rectifying all types of HGV or PSV faults
- Ensuring all HGV or PSV vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that the relevant precautions are taken whilst on the premises
- Liaising with the parts department to attain correct parts
- Ensuring health & safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
- Carrying out routine maintenance on commercial vehicles
- Assisting with roadside breakdowns when needed.
- Ensuring appropriate clockings are made and all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
- Maintaining a thorough and current product knowledge and attending training courses
What our client is looking for in a HGV Technician:
- City and Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Repair and Maintenance
- Ideally you will have completed an apprenticeship have spent time within a workshop, where you have gained experience working on commercial vehicles such as Volvo, Scania, DAF, Mercedes, Iveco, buses and coaches experience also of interest.
- IT literate.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience as a HGV Technician/HGV Mechanic/PSV Mechanic
- LGV C + E licence beneficial not essential.
Key skills or similar Job titles:
HGV, Heavy Goods Vehicle, LGV, Large Goods Vehicle, Engineer, Technician, Service, Mechanic
Ipswich, Colchester, Chelsford, Lowestoft, Norwich, Bury St Edmunds
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a HGV Technician and you wish to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the HGV Technician role, please contact Gareth Simpson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 125.