£15 - 17 per hour
about 1 year ago
Job title: HGV Technician
Salary Range: £15.00 - £17.00 per hour
Hours: 06:00 - 14:30 / 14:00 - 22:30 rotational shift pattern
Contract or Permanent position working for a leading HGV Aftermarket Dealership
A HGV Technician is required with knowledge of maintaining, servicing and repairing heavy goods or public service vehicles. Candidates with experience of HGV/PSV servicing would be well received.
Due to expansion this client based in Banbury requires a dynamic, leading HGV/PSV Technician with maintaining, servicing and repairing experience for new permanent or contract role. As an HGV/PSV Technician you will be required to:
- Carrying out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of HGV or PSV vehicles & trailers to VOSA standard
- Diagnosing and rectifying all types of HGV or PSV faults
- Ensuring all HGV or PSV vehicles worked upon are handled carefully and that the relevant precautions are taken whilst on the premises
- Liaising with the parts department to attain correct parts
- Ensuring health & safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness
- Carrying out routine maintenance on commercial vehicles
- Assisting with roadside breakdowns when needed.
- Ensuring appropriate clockings are made and all job cards and service sheets are completed in a timely manner
- Maintaining a thorough and current product knowledge and attending training courses
The HGV/PSV Technician should have the following skills or experience:
- City and Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Repair and Maintenance
- Ideally you will have completed an apprenticeship have spent time within a workshop, where you have gained experience working on commercial vehicles such as Volvo, Scania, DAF, Mercedes, Iveco, buses and coaches experience also of interest.
- IT literate.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience as an HGV Technician/HGV Mechanic/PSV Mechanic
- LGV C + E licence beneficial not essential
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of maintaining, servicing and repairing heavy goods or public service vehicles (HGV/PSV) to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Banbury based HGV aftermarket dealership will offer you:
- Contract or Permanent Position
- 06:00 - 14:30 / 14:00 - 22:30 Rotational Shift Pattern
- £15.00 - £17.00 per hour
- Health care
- Training matrix
- Gym Membership
- Company Shares after 2 years
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of HGV or PSV and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the HGV/PSV Technician role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.